Fire Risk Management is about managing all aspects of fire safety within your business so that you are able to comply fully with the fire safety order. This will encompass, amongst other things:
- Having the authority to make decisions about systems of working and what requirements are necessary e.g. what type of fire detection/alarm system is necessary for your premises to ensure the premises are safe from fire for the occupants and having the authority to purchase or make an executive decision about it.
- Ensuring appropriate daily, weekly, monthly inspections and tests are completed when required and if, how and when they are recorded.
- Identifying new fire hazards and managing them along with those hazards already recorded so that a safe system of working is in place.
- Ensuring your fire risk assessment is suitable and sufficient and is current, valid and indicates a true reflection of the people within the premises, the design of the building, the activities carried on there and how fire safety has been organised.
- Making arrangements so that there is the suitable and appropriate fire safety training provided for your staff.
- That the fire strategy you have implemented in your premises is appropriate and links to both the passive and active fire precautions in place and the fire safety training you have organised.
- Regularly inspecting, reviewing, assessing, testing, adjusting and applying all of your fire safety systems of work in your business.
If you require further help or guidance in how Hurtwood Fire can help you with Fire Risk Management please contact us on:
t: 01483 671 087
If you feel you require help and support in any areas of fire safety, training or management for your business please feel free to contact us.
t: 01483 671 087